Thursday, July 2, 2009

Angels Landing at Zions National Park

Daniel and I just got back from a trip out to Utah for a family reunion on my moms side. We spent several days right outside Zions National Park. We were able to hike Angels Landing. It is 2.5 miles one way that ascends 1,500 ft.

This is the last half mile of the hike. You hike across the ridge with a 1,200 ft drop off on the left and a 800 ft drop off on the right.

This is one of the steeper parts, luckily they have chains that give you a little comfort.

We made it to the top. That is my brother Grant and his girlfriend Amber, my brother Brian and Daniel and I.

The descent. Going down is always harder for me then going up.

9 comments:

London said...

hope you guys had lots of fun! my mom and sister just did that hike like 2 weeks ago!! my sister said it was really really pretty at top.

Angela Dougherty said...

Oh my gosh, that looks crazy! I don't know if I would have had the guts to do it...So, I'm coming up to michigan in a few weeks! Are you guys there? If so, Joe and I want to hit up cedar point. My mom said she would take the little guy while we go by ourselves, what do you say???

Ellen George said...

Daniel and I went to cedar point this spring. Thats a once a year thing for me, but I definitely want to hang out. Hopefully the weather will warm up so we can go boating.

ant said...

yikes - watch your step on that trail. Is it the picture, or are you really just inches from death?

Garrison Propaganda said...

holy cow that gets crazy steep! youre brave, i dont know if id be able to take that picture while going down. i get vertigo from just looking at the picture! the trip sounds like fun. you two are traveling fools this summer. did you camp while in utah?

ldgeorge said...

Pretty but I think I would have to enjoy it from a distance...yikes!

Annette said...

Thanks for sharing the photos, that is beautiful country and a breathtaking view. However, I was glad that I knew you were safely down when I saw them.

Daniel George said...

Update your blog already, lame-o!

ant said...

lol - i agree with Dan minus the lame o part. We always anticipate your posts. My rss showed an update and got me excited - it was just dan's comment. And while your updating your blog, make sure to add me as a facbook friend. lol. Im not sure its okay to be related (even if it just because our spouses are siblings) and not be FB friends. Anyway - hope summer is going well.